Set in almost two acres of gardens and wooded area, Pen-y-Bryn is situated over 3 floors and overlooks the Dee Estuary, with excellent views from all sides. Enclosed flower borders surround the extensive lawn area and the property is served by one gate, which remains closed at all times for security reasons. Residents have plenty of walking space to allow everyone to either walk alone or with a member of staff in a secure environment, all within sight to ensure that unobtrusive monitoring can take place. All floors are accessed by way of a staircase or passenger lift.
There are 2 lounge areas with small kitchenettes attached. These are for residents to spend time watching TV, relaxing or reading, as well as spending time with staff or relatives. Residents will be encouraged and supported in maintaining their existing skills, and regaining skills, such as making a drink or snack for themselves.
A separate hairdresser room is available to provide privacy and a more personal touch. Chiropody and nail painting also takes place in here.
A quiet room is available for residents to spend time reading, relaxing or spending private time with relatives.
There is also a sensory room should residents feel agitated or enjoy the stimulation of lights and textiles. This room is designed to create a feeling of comfort and safety, where the person can relax, exploring the surroundings such as lights and textiles.
We have a conservatory too, where people can enjoy the views overlooking the River Dee.
All bedrooms are single occupancy and are decorated to a very high standard, with en-suite toilet and washbasins. They all have wardrobes, chest of drawers, bedside cabinets and easy-chairs, and are all centrally heated by covered radiators. There is underfloor heating in the extended area of the Home and we have wet room en-suites.
Access to the home is wheelchair friendly and all floors within the home can be reached by our lift.
For extra sensory stimulation, we have decorated corridors and landing areas to follow special themes including classic movies and nautical scenes.
Click the images below
Pen y Bryn is a non-institutional and high quality, family run HOME FROM HOME. We offer residential care for men and women aged 65 and over who are experiencing difficulties with a dementia related condition. The Home is registered to accept residents for long-term or short term for convalescence and day care services. We do not provide any nursing care.
The Home has recently been extended and refurbished to high standards. All 30 of our bedrooms contain the latest technology in safety measures, so that our residents’ families can be reassured that their loved ones are safe at all times.
Our aim is to provide a secure, warm, friendly relaxed and homely environment with a high standard of care for the people who live at the home. We also aim to ensure that residents are supported to both regain and maintain their skills through a person-centered approach, employed by our trained in-house staff.
Our caring staff members believe in maintaining our residents’ rights 24 hours a day and work hard to deliver the following objectives:
- To provide a friendly residential care home environment
- To deliver the best care possible to meet individual needs
- To provide a quality of life that enables those living with dementia to retain their independence and identity
- To preserve and maintain the dignity, individuality and privacy of all people with dementia
- To provide stimulation through regular activities
- To involve relatives and friends in the daily life of the person with dementia, including the completion of life story work to identify past hobbies and interests which are then incorporated into day to day living
- To promote social inclusion and maintain links with the community
- To protect individual rights, by ensuring a person-centered approach is used at all times
- To encourage those with dementia to participate in the development of their individualised Care Plans along with family